Terms & Conditions
My Driving Academy Sweden AB, which owns and operates My Driving Academy, has operated as a limited company since 2013.
We are approved for F-skatt.
We offer driver’s license education, driving lessons, theory education, risk training and introduction to private training courses (handledarkurs).
We offer our services in line with STR’s policy regarding cancellation rules / complaint and refund practices (www.str.se).
§1 Accept contract terms
By registering at My Driving Academy Sweden AB, you become a customer and user of our services and, thereby, accept these terms and conditions.
If you are under 18 years of age, you legally must have the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian in order to agree to our terms and conditions. Before undertaking a service, you must be able to present your My Driving Academy driving school with a written certificate signed by your parent(s) / guardian(s), if consent cannot be obtained in an alternative way.
§3 Personal account
Your account is personal. Your Login and password information must only be used by you. You are responsible for ensuring your Login and password information is protected and kept secure. My Driving Academy Sweden is not responsible for any damage that occurs if someone other than you logs in and uses your account. As a customer, you have access to the Mitt Körkort app and our services throughout your education. My Driving Academy Sweden reserves the right to close your account in the event of misusing the platform or service.
§4 Prices and Payment
Current prices for each city can be found in our app Mitt Körkort and on our website. In the event of any discrepancy between the app and the website, the prices in the Mitt Körkort app apply. Prices may change during the course of your driving education. Lessons and lesson packages purchased before a price change will not be affected by the price changes. The validity period for driving lesson packages is 12 months. We accept payments via Klarna Checkout.
Cancellations must be made no later than 24 hours before a scheduled lesson, course or service. In cases of late cancellations, STR’s policy regarding compensation and refunds is applied.
If a service is cancelled within 24 hours due to illness, no charge will be made upon presentation of a medical certificate.
In this case, the driving school, in accordance with what is stated in p.3 and 4 in STR’s policy, has the right to charge an administration cost of ten percent of the course fee.
§6 Returns and refunds
If a student has lessons remaining after successfully completing their driving education and passing their driver’s license, the customer is entitled to a refund of the remaining outstanding lesson balance incl. discounts.
Requested refunds when the driver’s license is not completed, the driving school has, in accordance with what is stated in paragraphs 3 and 4 of STR’s practice, the right to charge an administration cost of four percent of the course / lesson / package price, if the package was purchased more that 14 days prior.
§7 Copyright and right of use
All material is protected by copyright law.
§8 Disclaimer of Liability
My Driving Academy Sweden does not take responsibility for fees that may incur in the event of a reminder or collection request where the customer has not provided us with their correct address or updated us with their correct address.
§9 Amendments to these Terms and Conditions
The terms of this contract may change during your driving education. If so, any changes will be announced via the Mitt Körkort app. The updated complete terms and conditions will be available on both our website and in the Mitt Körkort app.
My Driving Academy Sweden will do everything to ensure that you as a customer are satisfied. Should we fail in achieving this, as a customer you should turn to My Driving Academy Sweden AB as a first step. As an alternative, you should turn to STR’s Complaints Board (www.str.se) Terms and Conditions 2012-11-20 ver. 1.0
Why do we save personal data?
In order to provide you with our services in the best way, we need to collect certain information from you.
- We use two different types of cookies on the mydrivingacademy.com websites. These allow us to direct information and offers via Google and Facebook to everyone who has visited our website.
- When you register in our app – Mitt Körkort – you enter your name, telephone number, email address and personal number.
- If you make a purchase of lessons or courses in the app or on the website, you also enter your payment information, which we save. We also save booking details related to your purchase, such as type of service, time, place and the teacher involved in the service with you.
- If you buy Moped or motorcycle courses / lessons, we will also save information about your parent/guardian and billing information.
- After you have completed driving lessons and theoretical tests, we save your results, as well as feedback from your teacher.
- If you communicate with our support or your teacher in the chat via our website or app, your dialogue will be saved for about 12 months. In this way, both we and you can easily follow our internal dialogues throughout your education. We do not intend to save information about you that is not important or directly related to our business relationship.
Which 3rd party companies do we use for handling personal data?
- We use exclusively secure and market-leading 3rd party solutions to save our customer data. The personal data that is handled with the help of 3rd party solutions are;
- General personal data, training card, theory status – Firebase
- Booking details – Simplybook.me
- Chat Messages – Intercom
- Analysis of visitors / users on website and app – Google Analytics
- Payment History – Klarna & PayPal
- Motorcycle and moped customers – Astra (industry association STR)
- Invoice information for MC / Moped – Billecta
- Gift card & employee information – Typeform
- When we use a 3rd party solution, we at My Driving Academy continue to be responsible for the processing of your personal data with this third party. We always intend to use all reasonable measures to ensure that these parties who are allowed to access your data apply the same high security measures as we do and that they always follow applicable laws and regulations.<
- Personal data may be handled, stored and transferred to third parties only to the extent we describe here and will therefore not be done without your knowledge.
Why do we save personal data?
- We save your personal information first and foremost in order to complete our business relationship you and deliver as smooth a service as possible to you. This includes offering booking information, theory results and teacher feedback directly to you on your phone.
- We also save personal data to meet the legal requirements that we are subject to as a registered driving school, where we must, at the request of the Swedish Transport Agency, be able to show documentation of all training elements in order to ensure the quality of our business.
- We save your telephone number to ensure a secure login so that only you can access your driving education information. In addition, it allows us to send booking confirmations and reminders by SMS, if needed. By saving your email address, we can also send booking confirmations and reminders via email.
- Regarding transaction data and history of bookings, we must meet the legal requirements for accounting, as well as provide the possibility of refunds / complaints. Transaction data linked to you as an individual is also saved.
- We save cookies – if you do not object to this – in order to offer our visitors and users relevant offers and information about our products and services.
How long do we store personal data?
Our policy is to save as little information about our customers as possible for as short a time as possible.
- This means that, as a general rule, we save personal information that we need for our mutual business relationship for a period of 1 year after you have ceased being a customer with us.
- Personal data that the tax authority and the Swedish Transport Agency require us to report is saved for a period of 7 years and 5 years, respectively.
What rights do you have towards us?
- You have the right to clear and transparent information about why and how we collect and process your personal data.
- You have the right to access on request, i.e. a register extract, of all your personal data that we save.
- You have the right to rectification, i.e. a right to have incorrect information corrected if you contact us and request this.
- You have the right to delete, i.e. to have your personal data deleted. However, this does not apply to the personal information we must retain to meet our legal requirements or to fulfill our business agreement regarding the services with us that you have chosen to use.
- You have the right to limited processing – a right to demand that the processing of personal data be limited. For example, if you contact us and object to the fact that certain information we have about you is not correct.
- You have the right to data portability, i.e. to demand that personal data be transferred from us as personal data controllers to another party.
- You have the right to complain – you always have the right to turn to the Data Inspectorate and complain if you believe that you have not been properly treated by us.
For your security, we will ask you to identify yourself in order to exercise these rights so that we ensure that we do not provide information about you to anyone else and that the changes made apply to you and no one else.
What is a Cookie and why do we use them?
A cookie is a small text file that, when you are on our website, is saved on your data in order to, among other things, make certain properties on the website work for you. Some cookies, but not all, can be considered personal data, e.g. an IP address can be considered a personal data if it can be linked to you as a user of the specific address. In that case, you also have the rights we described to you above in terms of how we collect and handle these cookies.
Cookies can be used for different purposes and we use them to analyze what our visitors are interested in to be able to create relevant offers based on it. Cookies are therefore good for us as a source of information when we want to develop the website and the internet-based services we offer you.
We use two types of cookies. Facebook and Google cookies. Both are used to understand what you as a visitor are interested in and create relevant offers based on it via Facebook and Google ads. Our cookies are automatically deleted after 3 months. We do not share the information we receive with third parties.
If you do not want cookies?
You can choose in your settings on the computer whether you want to accept cookies or not. You can also choose to be warned every time a cookie appears. Keep in mind that this can affect how well a website runs for you.
Do you have more questions?
We care about being completely transparent with how we handle your personal data and you are always welcome to contact us with questions, requests or complaints regarding how we process, or may process, personal data that applies to you.
My Driving Academy Sweden AB
Organisation number: 556943-1587
Address: Sveavägen 9 plan 17; 11157 Stockholm
Application: Mitt Körkort
If you have questions or complaints about us regarding our handling of your personal data or our treatment of you in these matters, you also always have the opportunity to contact the Data Inspectorate and direct a complaint against us.